'If a woman doesn't look like a goddess while giving birth then someone isn't treating her right'
Ina May Gaskin
COVID - 19 Doula support update
I am still here for you during these strange anxious times. I have created a remote support package that can be tailored to your needs. Support and compassion is needed as much if not more than ever, I wish so much that I could massage you, hug you and hold your hand tight as you access your power and wisdom, but for now I'm here in any way I can be. I will be creating nurturing and healing gifts to send, birth vision packs, face time, phone calls and whatever else I can offer you from afar. This means that I can offer support to you no matter how far away you are from me. I'm here for you as always, with all my love.
I am mother to two wonderful boys and have had two very different birth Journeys. I understand first hand how important love, compassion, friendship and support is to an empowered birth journey, whether it be baby number 1,2,3 or beyond. I believe that every mother and every birth should be treated like the important and sacred rite of passage it is. I wish that every mother be honoured and treated as the goddess she deserves to be at this time, this is why I am dedicated to helping every woman I support feel safe, held, empowered and in control of her birth no matter how or where she chooses. My aim as your Doula is to gently support you in meeting your baby in the most loving way possible so that you take away proud and happy memories of your birth journey. My greatest wish for every woman is that she transitions into motherhood healthily and lovingly body and mind. With me this is through loving touch, heartfelt and mindful support and good nurturing food.
I trained with Nurturing Birth in 2013 soon after supporting both my sister and sister in law in their first births. I am registered as a recognised birth doula with Doula UK, the main doula association in the UK. I also commit to continuing my learning and updating my knowledge by attending courses and further training regularly.
Remote Doula support - £700
Doula support during COVID - 19. I am still here for you, these are anxious and uncertain times, certainly not the circumstances in which you would have wished to bring your baby into the world. Connection, support and compassion is needed as much as ever and I am here to offer you and your partner as much as I can, this can include:
- Monthly or fortnightly meetings over face time while social distancing continues. This will be tailored to your personal needs. This includes emotional and practical support around guidelines and changes within your maternity trust.
- Constant email and phone contact
- Pampering and nourishing package for pregnancy posted, includes supportive herbs, essences, tinctures, soaks and more
- Remote birth vision session
- Phone/ email/ facetime support during labour and birth
- Postnatal care package posted. (How exiting to get a gift especially for you delivered)
- Continued support into the 4th trimester including, de brief of the birth, feeding support, emotional, practical support and reassurance, signposting wherever needed. Generally bridging that gap where usual postnatal visits may not be taking place.
Birth Doula Package 1 - £700
Suited for a last minute/ late booking
- Initial consultation: this is a completely free meeting at a time and place convenient to you. We will discuss the support you are looking for and my related services.
- One in depth pre birth visit to get to know you & your birth partner and discuss your wishes for this birth.
- Unlimited calls and email
- Birth support including reiki, massage and rebozo use.
- I can provide some photography to capture any moments you may miss out on and tender moments that are always lovely to look back on afterwards.
- After the birth, I will stay and ensure that you get your golden hour or until you are all settled in post birth bliss. I can support you in your first feed if you need.
- 1 postnatal visit with birth debrief
Added sessions either pre or postnatal can be arranged at any point
Birth package 2 - £850
- 2 antenatal visits, an in depth birth wishes session and a birth mandala/ vision board session
- 1 Pregnancy massage. Food package can be added at a discounted cost of £40
- Unlimited calls and email
- Birth support with reiki, massage and rebozo
- Some photography to capture some moments you may miss out on and tender moments that are always lovely to look back on.
- After the birth I will stay to ensure that you are settled and support your first feed if needed
- One in depth postnatal visit including birth debrief, postnatal closing massage, food & herb package.
Additional services and sessions can be added at any time either antenatal or postnatal.
Birth Doula package 3 - £950
- 2 antenatal visits including a birth mandala/ vision board session
- One pregnancy massage or reiki session with optional added time for antenatal prep. Food package can be added to this session at a discounted cost of £40
- groaning cake and pregnancy tea
- Unlimited calls and email
- Birth support with massage, reiki and rebozo
- some photography to capture special moments you may miss out on and tender moments that are lovely to look back on
- After the birth I will stay to ensure that you are settled and support your 1st feed if needed
- 2 sacred postnatal care visits. (Full body postnatal massage with ceremonial closing, flower milk and honey bath and nourishment package)
Additional services/sessions can be added, antenatal or postnatal
Midwife & Doula shared support £1040
This package provides an amazing and unique combination of the skills of both experienced midwife and doula, providing dedicated time and support with loving care and attention.
Hannah is a midwife and then some! Trained in massage, aromatherapy and reflexology she will be bringing a wealth of knowledge and care to this amazing package. visit her site here https://www.healinghandsformotherhood.co.uk/
In this joint care package Hannah and myself offer
- Joint free consultation
- Joint antenatal appointment where we get to know you and build up a picture of how best to support you. We go over any anxieties you may have and talk through whatever you need for as long as you need to build a positive, empowered and well supported birth plan.
- Antenatal midwife appointment with Hannah at her studio, included is a pregnancy aromatherapy massage (upper body) and custom aromatherapy blend for you to keep.
- Birth mandala/ vision session with Gemma and support in creating you birth wishes.
- Gemma will be on call to support your birth 24hrs a day 7 days a week from week 38 and Hannah is available Monday – Friday via phone and email for midwifery support.
Optional add on - Natural induction/ breech turn £50
Due date/ place of in between Reiki session £45
Gemma to facilitate a mothers blessing for you £65
- At your birth Gemma is with you emotionally and physically for as long as you need. Providing massage, guidance on position changes, emotional and practical support, for both you and your partner through labour. Gemma will also provide food for the labour room if requested and take pictures if you chose to capture tender moments that are always special to look back on. She will also stay with you after birth to ensure you feel comfortable and settled and have a peaceful first hour.
- Joint postnatal de brief and postnatal closing massage.
- Sacred postnatal session with Gemma. Food box, flower, milk and honey bath, warm oil massage and belly binding.
- Optional add on – Postnatal care pack £ 45 Perineal bath blend Cleansing room spray Healing herbal bath Nursing tea
Shared doula support £1020
Double the doula is a wonderful thing! You get the combined wisdom, knowledge, support and skill from myself and the amazing Eva or a doula of your choice https://www.sacredmotherhoodjourneys.com/
together we will support you through your journey and you will benefit from a sacred and held journey into birth including shamanic drumming, massage, food and so much more! Contact us to create your support package.
Individual antenatal session £45
One off antenatal preparation sessions can be booked at any time. These can be tailored to your needs to include:
Support in creating your birth plan/wishes
Massage and pain management techniques for labour
Planning for the 4th trimester
4th trimester care
The postnatal period is often very overlooked. I aim to honour the amazing birth you have experienced and your journey into motherhood by honouring all of you.
Sacred postnatal mother roasting is the care of the new mother focusing on the total health and gentle recovery of a woman as she embarks on this journey into motherhood. It is the tender wrapping up of the healing soul, warming of the body and binding the mother through gentle loving arms of a sister. Reclaiming the traditions of postnatal care my mother roasting service will offer all you need to seal your birth and ease you lovingly into motherhood with healing foods, sacred baths, warming and binding bellies and massage, tinctures, oils, teas, loving hands and an open heart is all available to you.
Every woman deserves to be welcomed into mothering through gentle and loving care
Sacred postnatal package £550
this package aims to lovingly care for you during the first 6 weeks after your birth. I will visit you once a week at your home with a food box (menu will be sent to you before), herbal/ floral bath and belly bind. I will offer a warm oil rub down with full body massage including womb massage and tuck in with gentle meditation.
While you are tucked in I prepare the herbal bath, while you are bathing I can prepare a dish from your food box, the cleansing broth is always good after a treatment and a pot of herbal tea with lactation cookie. Before you sit to eat I bind your belly which can be left for a week until I next visit or however long is comfortable for you.
I will hold baby if needed while you are tucked in, bathing or simply want to enjoy your tea and food with two hands! I will also wash the dishes and rinse the bath out if needed and so that after I leave you can just relax and enjoy the feeling of post treatment bliss.
I provide you with the much needed space to share, reflect and unpack your story if you need, for as long as you need and as many times as you need. Your story matters and how you feel matters. I will listen to you, support you and hold you howerver you need.
If you would like to extend the 6 weeks additional treatments can be discussed.
Birth goddess package £95
this healing mother goddess package welcomes you into motherhood with open arms and gentle loving care.
Warm oil rub down
I begin by smudging and cleansing our sacred space and preparing a beautiful alter.
I will then offer you a warm oil rub down with hot stone tummy press
Postnatal closing massage
traditional, warming closing of the bones and full body massage with tuck in. This traditional and ceremonial massage adds a moment of stillness, meditative peace and reflection. The rocking and wrapping with the rebozo shawl is deeply relaxing and feels safe. The full body massage is warming and releases tension, bringing our attention back to the body.
Milk and honey bath
I will leave you tucked in with a gentle meditation, body blessing
And prepare your milk and honey/ floral or herbal bath
Bengkung belly binding
This important part of recovery and healing is traditionally used to comfort, support and hold that womb space. This can feel like a real spiritual closure of your pregnancy, it looks and feels amazing too!You are left in the belly bind either overnight or for 3 days, however long feels comfortable.
I will end this session with a serving of sou[, postnatal herbal tea and energy bites.
You may also choose to enhance this experience with a food package at a a discounted price of just £45
Postnatal doula support - £16ph
Loving support through your 4th trimester. This is short and intense season that requires a gentle and nurturing presence to keep that oxytocin flowing. I will provide emotional support, support with feeding, cooking/ food packages and massage at a reduced rate, light housework, birth debrief and more.
Mothers help £16ph
This is for beyond 12 weeks postpartum but offers the same gentle and nurturing support as above. Lets face it mothering can be tough! I aim to provide emotioanl and practicle support. Just contact me for a chat and we can discuss your needs.
Mother blessing £65
A mother blessing is inspired by the sacred pre-birth ceremony 'Blessingway' that has traditionally been performed by Navajo people, and celebrates a woman’s rite of passage into motherhood.
Reclaiming this tradition and honouring your journey into motherhood with your own mother blessing is a wonderful way to mark your pregnancy and gather your beloved women friends and family to shower you with love and support. Unlike a traditional baby shower where the focus is on gifts, a Mother Blessing puts the focus back on nurturing the woman. A woman’s closest friends and family gather in love to build up her mind, body, and soul in preparation for her journey to motherhood. It is intended that the mother-to-be leaves bursting full of love.
I am honoured to offer a personal service where I help gather and prepare your guests and ensure that your mother blessing runs smoothly and in a way that is authentic and meaningful to you to you. Flower crowns, songs, pampering, belly painting, cake and more, the choice is yours!
add a cake from £20
add belly painting for £45