If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it - John H. Kennell MD
I am blessed with two lovely boys and have had two very different birth experiences. This made me realise how much difference the right environment and support can make and I strongly wish for this to be available to every woman.
My passion for birth and motherhood and my journey into the world of doula-ing really began when I was honoured to be invited to attend my sisters births and then my sister in laws 2 births as a birth partner. This was a rare and special experience to be able to share in the amazing joy at meeting their beautiful babies for the very first time. I am blessed to have supported them and been present for the births of many nieces and nephews... and counting!
I remember falling in love with the birthing process and feeling a stronger pull towards it every time I attended. These wonderful women and their births led me on my path to becoming a doula.
I trained with Nurturing Birth soon after supporting my sister in the birth of my nephew in March 2013. I am registered as a recognised birth doula with Doula UK, the main doula association in the UK. I also commit to continuing my learning and updating my knowledge by attending courses and training days regularly.
Birth Doula Package - £750
- Initial consultation: this is a completely free meeting at a time and place convenient to you. We will discuss the support you are looking for and my related services. This meeting is very valuable as it is important that we get on and that you feel that you can trust me with your birth.
- I will visit you twice antenatally; there is no set time limit to these visits. This includes one birth mandala/vision board session.
- Unlimited calls and emails, I am available to discuss your birth and address any questions you have whenever I can.
- I am on call 24/7 from week 38 until you give birth; I am never more than an hour away during this time.
- During your birth, I am with you emotionally and physically for as long as you need from whenever you need me, I journey with you. During your labour, I offer massage and reiki. I will offer guidance on position changes, breathing techniques and hold your safe space.
- I provide peace of mind to your partner that if they should need to leave at any time to rest, use the bathroom, get some food, you are well supported in their absence.
- I can provide some photography to capture any moments you may miss out on and tender moments that are always lovely to look back on afterwards.
- After the birth, I will stay and ensure that you get your golden hour or until you are all settled in post birth bliss! I can support you in your first feed if you need.
- I will visit you twice after birth: one closing the bones massage with reiki and a meal box is included in our last visits together. If you are not ready to end our time together we can discuss extending to postnatal care.